Thursday 14 February 2013

Evaluation - Question 4

How did you use new media technologies in the construction and research, planning and evaluation stages?
 
I used the Internet in many stages in the creation of our music video. One of the reasons were for social media. I used a site called Reverbnation which is for unknown and upcoming artists, to find our artist. This is a platform where artists can release their music. Once we had found our artist we then went onto to using Facebook to be able to contact our artist and ask for permission to use her song. The reason we used Facebook is because she had listed it as one way to contact her. Also Facebook is really easy to use and to get into contact with people. 
 
During research and planning I used YouTube quite a bit to look at our artists previous music videos and also to look at similar artists music videos. I also used YouTube to upload our final music video and evaluation responses.
 
Blogging was an important part in the construction and research, planning and evaluation stages as I blogged all of my work online. Blogging allowed me to stay organised and share my findings and ideas with others. Also it allowed me to set a structure for my work.
 
I used different hardware and software during the process of creating our music video. The Macs we used had Final Cut Pro installed in them and this was the editing software that we used. This allowed us to cut, crop, add effects and add transitions. Also we used a HD video camera for the actual filming of our music video and for practice shots we used a HD camera not a video camera. The reason for using a HD camera is because they produce great quality videos and allow them to look professional. During the process of creating our ancillaries we used Photoshop to edit and change the images.
Also on question 1 of the evaluation I used Windows Movie Maker to create the moving text video.

No comments:

Post a Comment